Tuesday, May 13, 2014

God’s Amazing Network



As our Ugandan friend and co-worker Beth spent a couple of days this past week at a Mission Guest House in Nairobi on her way to ministry in Ethiopia, God surprised her…and us. A “friend of a friend” who (we have not yet met personally) follows our Lion Sightings Blog, was also there at the same Guest House in Nairobi and met the “Beth” mentioned in our Blog. Here’s how it happened this past weekend.
The lady who met Beth, wrote to our mutual friend who then forwarded the email on to us. Quoting from her letter to our mutual friend: “That very afternoon as we were sitting in the dining area of the (Nairobi) AIM Mayfield guesthouse, a woman came to get a cup of tea. I was introduced to this Ugandan who was on her way to Ethiopia to work with the Scripture Union training there. She was lovely and gracious as we briefly visited. As she walked away, my friend called out, "Safe journey, Beth!"  I was suddenly struck that I KNEW her and I jumped up and ran after her! It was Beth, the co-worker of Ruth and Laura in Kampala! I had read about her from their blog which you forwarded me and I was now meeting her in person! What a blessed treat the Lord gives us in fellowship with other passionate believers!” 
Praise God for His family and how we treasure those Intercessors, some of whom we have not even personally met.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Gives me goosebumps! God is so awesome. Don't you think He must wear an amused smile as He watches things unfold and enjoys our amazement. We also saw evidence of His networking when we stayed at Mayfield. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete