Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Helping Hand



Ministry work has been intense and prolonged these past couple of months as we have stepped forward to publish our first VOICE Africa module, “Truth.” Early morning and late nights have made me wonder how the stress and strain might be lessened. One day I decided to see if our former neighbor’s driver was available to drive me to my errands of interacting with the printers in “town” (down town Kampala), where I have been almost every day for the past weeks.  He was!  Fred proved to be such a help I asked him to be the driver for succeeding days.  As I have bought paper, negotiated prices, check on the progress, transported the printed materials to Scripture Union, Fred has been an invaluable help to carry and pack (oh my, what a skillful and efficient packer!) materials in the car and then help unpack.  He can squeeze through tiny openings into parking areas, go through terrible ruts and potholes so smoothly, back up with utmost precision and confidence, calmly drive through intersections with dozens of motorcycles coming from every direction, and choose countless shortcuts to avoid traffic jams—all of which are stress points for me. As Fred drives I am able to phone the printers to make arrangements, talk with Scripture Union to arrange for deliveries and organize volunteers to help once we arrived, and so much more. How I praise God for His mercy and help during these full days.
Fred at work, packing the car!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of packing...and unpacking. How wonderful that Fred has been able to help you and diminish your stress. Will miss you next week. I think it's awesome that participants are coming from so many countries for the training. Will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Fred have a brother????? :) Seriously, God is good to provide stress relievers when we need them. Happy He found one just custom made for your needs right now Laura and Ruth. Prayers as the work progresses!

    ReplyDelete