Tuesday, April 21, 2015

“Little Bibles”


For weeks, an oil change and over-all check-up for our Rav4 has been on my “to do” list. With sheer determination to get this done, I sent a text message to “my” garage lady/receptionist who gave me both a quote and an appointment. That day, by 8 AM the car was at the garage and before 4 PM, I was pleasantly surprised to receive their phone call saying it was completed. After some negotiation regarding the higher-than-expected/quoted price, the bill was paid, and I, with a sigh of relief to know that this job was done, got into the car and buckled up. But, wait…Nicholas, a Service Advisor, hurriedly approached the car.  With a smile he inquired, “Do you have any more of those little Bibles?”  I reached into my bag and produced a small bundle of God’s Offer.  His smile widened, “Thanks, I’ll give some to Rachel (one of the receptionists) who is also asking.” They had remembered from my last visit there! With a surprised smile, I realized afresh that these mundane jobs can also be God’s appointments. Praise God, and who knows how God will use these paper missionaries to remind garage people of His truth and love.

2 comments:

  1. Love to see the little glimpses that God reveals that He is at work! Amazing too how much He can do with something little! (loaves and fishes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smiling too. Love this story.

    ReplyDelete