Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Child’s Talk



How refreshing to be among children who are being brought up in the nurture of the Lord! I have been able to spend time with a number of my nieces/nephew’s families where that is true. I’ll just share two such incidences that were such a blessing.

Following my time of sharing at my home/sending church on Sunday evening, my 8-year old nephew, Kaden, (about 8 years old) looked me in the eyes and said “Aunt Ruthie, I’m praying for you.” You know that when a child says that, it’s true…and we also know that God responds quickly to children’s prayers because they pray in such simple faith. Thank you, Kaden!

Then as I walked with a niece’s hand in each of my hands, 8-year old Elle casually said “I’m so glad that God hears our prayers and answers them.” When I asked why she said that, she told me that she had prayed that we could go to the balloon festival…and that’s where we were walking to. Plus she said that she was also praying that she could find at least one shark tooth in the “archaeological dig” which was the first activity of the balloon festival we were headed to. Sure enough, she found several of them and in fact found the largest one among all that her sisters and cousins found! And as a bonus, God cleared the skies enough so that all of the hot-air balloons were able to lift off—drizzly rain and very cloudy weather had made it questionable if they would be able to…but God answers prayer. Yes, Elle, I’m also glad that God hears and answers prayer! You and Kaden encourage me to persist in prayer with faith.

1 comment: