Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Passing On the Good News



I wondered just how the somewhat “new” puppet team who primarily have worked in rural areas, would do having three performances with two scripts each for the children’s services at an upscale Kampala Church last Sunday. The day before I had coached them as they practiced and then transported the puppet stage to the church. Asmara, the coordinator, was positive but I wasn’t sure how ready they were. Questions such as “Would the three puppeteers, coordinator, narrator, and sound man arrive on time?”, “Would the equipment to play the song work okay with the sound?” and more filled my mind. All I could do was pray and trust God to use His young servants.


The next day, very soon after the third performance, Asmara called, overflowing with joy. Through their presentation, five children saw their need of a Savior and professed faith in Christ alone! Christian children were also challenged as they learned how to use the CrossTalk. “There are so many pagans in my class at school! Can you give me some extra CrossTalks so I can share at school?” The puppet team just happened to have extra copies and gladly obliged. Yet another child immediately started to share the message of the CrossTalk with his parents. And other children eagerly asked them, “Are you coming back next week?” Each member of the puppet team I talked to were so encouraged…and needless to say, I was too.

Thanks for remembering the puppet team in prayer. Ask God to continue His work in each life and to build their capacity to pass on the Good News in creative ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment