Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Internationally Connected


Although it now stretches me to call it “home,” there were great moments in Canada connecting with family, friends, and churches.  Breathtaking scenery and being in the outdoors was special.  It is a land of abundance and choice.  God protected me as I drove on right side of road rather than on left side of road (as we do in Uganda), for the many miles of travel, places, and faces.  I was able to personally thank partners who have faithfully given and prayed for Ruth and me through the years. I also had a great connection with my sending mission, SEND International of Canada.  Unfortunately I was forced to bi-pass a number of churches, supporters, and friends due to lack of time.  My quick trip ended on Oct. 20 as I bid farewell to my Canadian "home" and began my long journey back to East Africa. 

On the European-Africa part of my journey back to Uganda, I was surprised to notice my seat mates – one Ugandan UN worker to my left and a Filipino nurse to my right.  It was easy to engage both in conversation and even use some Tagalog with the Filipino.  I was reminded how privileged I have been to work cross-culturally first in the Pacific and Asia and now East Africa.
Where is “home”? More and more, the reality settles in that heaven is my true home…what a wonderful reality indeed! May God use me and us to draw others to Him as we travel toward our ultimate and eternal destination where we will totally and gloriously "fit"!

No comments:

Post a Comment