Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Small World



A couple of months ago Ruth and I decided we would join an inter-mission Ladies Retreat which took place last week.  The first night following some ice-breaker activities, all 50 or so of us were treated to ice-cream sundaes! As we headed back to our “huts” where we were accommodated, we began chatting with various ones—we knew only a couple of the ladies.  Using my “torch” (flashlight) to light the way, I and another lady, younger than me, found ourselves walking together. We began the conversation by asking where we each came from.  I was shocked to hear she was from Canada, and then almost dropped my flashlight when she said she was from “New Brunswick!” “Really?!”  She also could hardly believe we were both coming from the same province.  That was God’s way for me to begin a great weekend sharing and enjoying her and other ladies from many points on the globe.  Praise God for His surprises and the amazing way He calls us to follow Him even sometimes to the uttermost parts of the earth.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I have a 'small world story' too but will tell you another time! I wouldn't be surprised if I know your lady from New Brunswick too! :) Prayers for the new guests coming and for the Obedience dedication and whatever else God brings to mind. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is THAT! Praying with you regarding all the details of Judy and family arriving later this week!! Oh may, what an adventure so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're now in the throes of that storm system that's delaying the arrival of your guests. Hopefully that means things will be cleared up south of the border so they can be on their way tomorrow.
    So cool about meeting the lady from NB. Look forward to hearing more details about that. One never knows who God will place in our path.

    ReplyDelete