Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Family Blessings


One of my (Ruth) sisters married a Canadian and God blessed them with five precious children. In past years, Laura and I have so enjoyed visiting them with their parents and were always amazed at how fast they grow up and how smart and capable each one was as they honed the gifts God gave to each.
As the years passed, all of them have married and now my sister and her husband have 21 precious grandchildren. As only God could do it, we were able to see all except one grand-nephew over the past five days and to be in the homes of four of them who live in Nova Scotia. Oh my, the hugs, kisses, squeezes, laughter, chatting, praying, and sheer enjoyment has been a blessing which cannot be measured…especially since I hadn’t seem some of them during the past six years. I was humbled to be prayed for by some of my nephews in law as well as by some of the children, to see our prayer cards on their fridges/bulletin boards, and have globes quickly brought out to find the Philippines and Uganda. Yes, cross-cultural overseas missions requires one to make the sacrifice of being far from family…but God knows how to more than make up for what one might feel was lost! We simply cannot out give Him! What a gracious God we serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment