Tuesday, November 19, 2013

“I Had to Read the Rest of the Story”



My personal highlight for doing the children’s “Queen Esther” continued story at KBC (Kampala Baptist Church) this past Sunday wasn’t my puppet nor was it the children, as precious as they are...it was my assistant. Early in the week I requested the KBC Secretary to suggest a male who could sit with the children and read two verses from Esther.  On Friday I called the number given me, and talked to a certain “Moses.” I discovered he was a 2nd year University Commerce student who had previously worked with the youth and was looking forward to assisting with the children. Esther 5:11-12 were the verses I requested him to read for me as part of the story. Sunday morning between Sunday School and Church I met Moses for the first time; he struck me as a sharp guy.  When we talked about his sitting with the children and reading those verses, a smile lit his face, “you know when I first read this, I had to read the whole story to find out about this Haman guy.”  Praise God for allowing me to introduce the astonishing story of Esther to my new friend, Moses.  His love for the Lord and children made him a wonderful assistant.  I am suspicious God has something special for this young man and pray for the rest of God’s story in Moses’ life.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture and beautiful to see the way God works! What an example of 'God's Word not returning unto Him void'. Father God, may Moses be impacted for life through the account of Haman's life. Amen

    ReplyDelete