Tuesday, May 12, 2015

GARDEN STROLLS



One of the prayer requests listed on my Tuesday personal prayer list is "garden enjoyment” and “recreation.”  Little did I realize how God would make this a requirement with emergency gall bladder surgery on April 26 here in Kampala.  When I was discharged from hospital on April 30, the health care professionals again reminded me how important walking is.  Save for one day, the weather has been perfect and has allowed me to walk 30 minutes twice a day!  I have gotten to know the four compound houses well.  The greenery and flowers, trees, and birds have made my walking time go quickly.  In addition I have been personally blessed by praying, Scripture memorization and meditation.  We have been deeply grateful for the Lord for the beautiful compound God placed us in...but never did I realize how ideal it is for post-surgery walking--no hills or dogs or curious onlookers...just quietness and beauty!

Reports from the surgeon have been encouraging and I am experiencing a quick recovery.  Ruth has been a trooper through it all.  We are assured of God’s wonderful care through so many details including having a nurse colleague spending her precious time to journey with us – what a blessing Nurse Connie has been spending hours on end with us in hospital including admission and discharge.  Praise God for His sovereign care and His amazing ways.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so grateful you are recovering well Laura. And for God's perfect provisions.
    Ruth, I think you're a better nurse than you thought you were. :)

    ReplyDelete