Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Eager Listeners


When we opened up a time of testimonies for the Scripture Union volunteers who are involved in VOICE ministry, there was no hesitation. Each one was eager to share and their stories revealed eager listeners. Here’s a summary of a few of them:
  • Lynn - In all three classes of my VEC (Values Education Class) with the Primary 3 (grade 3) pupils, once their enthusiastic greeting quiets down, every eye and ear are attentive for all that we have to share. They loved the truth that God made them unique and special and even knows how many hairs are on their heads. [There are 70 or more pupils in each of her three classes.]
  • Geoffrey - Sometimes other classes in the school finish before I finish my VEC. Those pupils immediately come and squeeze their faces through the open windows of my class to listen in. They’ve even learned the songs and sing with us. All of them want to know why VEC isn’t being taught to them.
  • Kapasi - I have about 170 pupils in my VEC and no assistant teacher. But all of the classroom teachers who are available come and sit in the class, help me hold the visuals and distribute and collect the Activity Sheets. They seem to enjoy the lessons just as much as the pupils do. One is now asking if the curriculum can be taught to the children in their church. Some parents brought their child's Activity Sheets to the Head Teacher (Principal) and asked about the class that their child was enjoying so much and in which they were getting such good teaching.
  •  Anthony – I offered to teach VEC to the Lower Primary pupils [Kindergarten – grade 3], but there was such a complaint from those in the Baby and Middle Classes (3 and 4 year olds) that I now teach a second class to them. Of course we can’t do everything, but they are learning the verse and the songs.
A grade 3 VEC

Praise God for eager listeners to God’s Word! Pray that God will greatly increase the number of volunteer VEC teachers.

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is "Praise God!!!" - I can't imagine having that many children in the class with no assistant teacher. So blessed to read of the hunger and eagerness! "Lord, please cause MANY of my Ugandan brothers and sisters to catch the vision -- and experience Your power demonstrated through them for the salvation of precious souls!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressed with all these children hearing truth about their value to God and what HE values! Yay! I'm amazed at the intricacy of this whole program ladies and it is coming together bit by bit! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete