Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Each Day A Gift


Indeed, Africa has taught me more of the value of life and how privileged we are; each day is a precious gift from our God.  I took time to pause this past week and reflect on God’s blessings to me personally.  A few recent blessings include:
  • Yesterday, Ruth and I joined three of my siblings to celebrate my mother’s 91st birthday! After several years of not being here on her birthday, I was overjoyed.  Mom has been a huge influence on me and prayed for us through our growing up years until now.  Having Mom with us still is a wonderful gift from the Heavenly Father. 
  • Mom’s birthday follows mine and as only God could arrange, my birthday was free from appointments and schedules.  Ruth and I took the opportunity to visit a new church and spend time with some family members I seldom see.  
  • As if that was not enough, I got a totally unexpected refund from a furniture store, and the amount, to the dollar, was the price of a chair I had been looking at; it was delivered this last week.  
  • I am also reminded of the great gift of health.  Two neighbours who share the same townhouse roof with me are battling cancer.  I pray they may know the hope that I have found in the Lord Jesus Christ.  

Yes, our life goes so fast but each day is a gift from our Heavenly Father. And because He lives, the best is yet to come.  Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment