Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Honesty Song


Dorothy was trained last January and has taught the Honesty module in a Primary School in Mengo, Kampala. She recently gave testimony to the VOICE Africa staff:
“This is the greatest children’s material I have ever encountered so far! The P.4 [Primary/Grade 4] ...challenged each other to be honest. The VEC [Values Education Class] is very interesting and the whole school is interested in it! The honesty songs are sang all over the school. I taught in P.4 and P.5 and I have just purchased a pack for Lower Primary so that I can also teach VEC to the younger children.”
* * *
The “application song” for the Honesty Module was written by a Ugandan young woman and it has proved to be one of the favorites among the VOICE Songs. A few of its lyrics are:
Honest, I will be honest.
I will not cheat or steal, always tell the truth.
I will be honest, I will admit when I’m wrong.
I will be honest. (and then closes with a triumphant “Honesty!”)
Praise God for the privilege of teaching children His values and truths and pray that those truths will deeply embed themselves into the hearts of the hearers and in hearts of those who teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment